Toddler class: 2-3 years
Family class: 1-5 years
This music-filled class celebrates the unique joys of your growing child. Each week your child will love singing, dancing, and playing instruments with you and her new friends and you’ll love helping her practice a wide variety of abilities such as gross and fine motor skills, turn-taking, social skills, and active listening. In class, we’ll also share tips and ideas for using music throughout the week. Plus, the fun (and learning!) continue with the Kindermusik@Home digital home materials, including music from class, musical activities, and each month’s story.
- Age Range: Toddler class- 2-3 yrs. Family class – 1-5years
- Class Structure: Flexible ongoing enrolment with 4 week themes and monthly digital home materials
- Class Length: 45 minute class each week
- Class Size: Class with no more than 12 children with parents
- Home materials: Digital Home Materials — activities, e books, and music from class
TERM 4, 2017 UNITS:
3rd October - 24th November
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
• Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development. Your child will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead her to discover her potential for beat, rhythm, and melodic ensemble playing.
• Vocal play. Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Wiggle and Grow vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
• Exploration Time. Your child will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds and movements.
• Story time and early literacy. Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help your child learn to read a book also help her learn to read music.
• Movement Activities. Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronised movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
• Together Time. Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing you to make the most of the fleeting toddler years and giving you the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
• Expert advice. A Kindermusik educator explains how our musically based activities enhance your child’s complete development.