Kindermusik is a community of families and educators passionately committed to bringing music to children's lives through weekly classes with developmentally appropriate curricula, CDs, books, instruments, and activities.
Kindermusik's philosophy is founded upon rigorous research and our fundamental beliefs:
- A parent or loving caregiver is a child’s first and most important teacher.
- All children are musical.
- The home is the most important learning environment.
- Music nurtures a child's cognitive, emotional, social, language, and physical development.
- Children flourish in a child-centered environment where activities are developmentally appropriate.
- Educators value the learning process—not the performance—of music making.
- Every child should experience the joy, fun, and learning that music brings to life.
We teach Kindermusik so your child will become a better learner! Our program is based on research demonstrating the benefits of music at each stage of a child's development. We start from where your child is, regardless of his age, and provide activities that stimulate his mind, body, and sense of play.
All over the world, parents bond with their babies through musical sounds and rhythmic movement. They rock and swing their children, put them to sleep with lullabies, make them laugh with nursery rhymes. Parents know instinctively what scientists have now proven: young children thrive on music. It’s one of the best vehicles for learning in early childhood development. Kindermusik takes musical learning to the next level; our curriculum is proven to improve child brain development. And, did we mention it's fun for kids and parents alike?!
SINGING fosters the development of your child’s most important instrument, the voice, through vocal exploration, songs, and chants.
MOVING develops body awareness, coordination, and spatial relationships through synchronised movement, creative movement, and simple dances.
PLAYING introduces a variety of musical timbres with percussion instruments such as rhythm sticks, jingle bells, drums, resonator bars, and simple instruments your child creates at home.
CREATING stimulates your child’s imagination and encourages new exploration with sound and movement.
PATTERNING boosts your child’s ability to think musically through the integration of basic rhythmic and tonal language.
LISTENING cultivates your child’s heightened attentiveness to sound discrimination.
EXPLORING timbre, dynamics, tempo, and pitch lays the foundation for conceptualisation of the elements of music.
Psychologists, neuroscientists, and experts in early childhood development have demonstrated that music does more for children than bring them joy; it helps their brain cells make the connections needed for virtually every kind of intelligence. Kindermusik's curriculum is built on this research.
When young children are consistently engaged by music in an age-appropriate, socially accepting environment, they benefit at many levels:
- Early Literacy. They gain the phonological processing, spoken language, and comprehension skills that are the foundation of reading.
- Quantitative. They build the spatial-temporal and reasoning skills required for maths, science, and engineering.
- Social-Emotional. They develop social and emotional skills that are essential for school readiness—like the ability to regulate their responses and relate to others in complex ways.
- Physical. By moving and dancing to music and playing simple instruments, children improve their gross and fine motor skills. Activities that encourage freedom within a fun and friendly structure spark their creativity.
- Creative. Activities that encourage freedom within a fun and friendly structure spark children's creativity and provides inspiration.
And of course, they develop a lifelong love of music.