YOUNG TODDLER CLASS (6 MONTHS – 2 YRS)
Get ready to sing, play, and move with your little one in this high-energy music class designed to be just right for very young children. This new Kindermusik curriculum focuses on your child’s beginning movement, helping to build the muscles your young toddler needs to walk, run, and climb; and on vocal development, helping to nurture your child’s speaking and singing voice. With a mix of both parent-child joint activities and child-focused activities, you’ll be able to join right in on all the singing and dancing while also getting the chance to observe how your young toddler learns on his or her own. These classes encourage your child to be creative, to initiate her own ideas, and to respond in her own ways, while your presence and participation offer needed reassurance and support.
- Age Range: 6 months-2yrs
- Class Structure: Flexible ongoing enrolment with 4 week themes and monthly digital home materials
- Class Length: 45 minute class each week
- Class Size: Class with no more than 12 babies with parents
- Home Materials: Digital Home Materials — activities, books, and music from class.
You can find out more about our current classes below ...
TERM 3,2017 UNITS:
18th July - 8th September
What a parent and child will experience in class:
- Instrument exploration: We provide a multi sensory environment to discover, engage with, and experience an instrument. Your child will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments. It’s a great time for them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, and melodic ensemble playing.
- Singing and vocalizing: In class it is our goal to encourage joyful, spontaneous singing while we support young toddlers’ natural efforts to learn through imitation. Your child will be introduced to varied singing and speaking experiences (singing familiar tunes, imitating short melodic patterns including nonsense syllables, experiencing major and minor modes, imitating animal sounds, listening to longer and more elaborate songs, singing both a cappella and with recorded music).
- Listening: Through focused listening experiences we will introduce selected sounds into the toddler’s environment, build a sound repertoire, motivate vocal play, foster some level of attention toward sounds, and lay the groundwork for sound memory.
- Movement activities: In class we will play stop and go games, play with fast and slow movements, explore expressive movement and dance together, as your toddler becomes more aware of what their body can do.
- Together time: Sing and Play class is 45 minutes during your week that is all about you and your child. It’s quality time to strengthen bonds and build relationships that support self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Expert advice: A Kindermusik educator explains how our musically based activities enhance your child’s complete development.