for 3 - 5 years
Tap into your child's creative spirit, boundless energy, and growing independence through music, storytelling, and a healthy dose of “let’s pretend.”
Each week in class we combine your preschooler’s natural love of music, storytelling, and imaginative play with age-appropriate activities that introduce early music concepts and foster independence, social and emotional skills, language growth, and self-control. We also connect you with other parents who share in the wonder of parenting a preschooler. Parents join class for the final activities. The Kindermusik@Home digital home materials bring the music, activities, and each month’s story everywhere you go. The repetition enhances the learning—and the fun!
- Age Range: 3 – 5 year olds
- Class Structure: Flexible ongoing enrolment with 4 week themes and monthly digital home materials
- Class Length: 45 minute class each week
- Class Size: Class with no more than 12 children with parents
- Home materials: Digital Home Materials — activities, books, and music from class
TERM 3, 2017 UNITS:
18th July - 8th September
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Pretend Play. Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, listening, movement and literacy aspects of each class. When based upon a child’s real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor and cognitive skills.
- Musical Variety and Singing. Activities include a mixture of musical genres and styles and provide a setting for your child to explore his many voices and to use a “singing voice.” Singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity and socialisation.
- Storytelling and Literacy. Each class is built on the development of a story, so you’ll hear preschoolers search for the word to say what they mean and try to keep up with their busy minds, emerging wants, needs, likes, and dislikes.
- Parent Involvement. Preschoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers, while many times still needing the emotional security provided by a parent. He’ll experience both in Laugh and Learn. Caregivers participate in the last 10-15 minutes of class. Plus the At Home Materials ensures the learning continues at home with your child’s best teacher—you!