Level 3 (3 year olds)
Level 3 classes are designed to engage preschoolers’ natural love of music and activate their imaginations, while developing their growing language and social-emotional skills.
A wide range of learning opportunities boosts language skills, confidence, independence, social-emotional skills, and self-control. You are invited to join the fun for a portion of each class, sharing in the joy of music-making and learning how your child is developing, all while strengthening your relationship with your child.
- Experiencing a variety of sounds and learning how sounds are produced by playing musical instruments, speaking or singing
- Playing instruments with an emphasis on steady beat, repeated rhythm patterns, graphic notation, and ensemble music
- Ensemble Development, an activity that builds the skills preschoolers need in order to create music within a group
- Engaging in creative expression and language play, expressing feelings and ideas through movement and music
- Pre-reading music and learning to interpret graphic notation symbols, a precursor to learning traditional music symbols
SKILLS & BENEFITS
- Increased attention and focus; growing ability to memorize and recall
- Growing ability to detect patterns, nuances, and timbre in sounds, a critical skill for music and language development
- Experience waiting patiently, taking turns, working cooperatively in a group and communicating effectively and respectfully
- Wider vocabulary and knowledge of story structures; critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Learning how to decode and interpret symbols, skills necessary for reading, math, and music
TERM 1, 2018 UNITS:
1st February - 23rd March